Saturday, June 14, 2008

leap, my thin, thin rail thin snow leopard

snow leopard, you

were in the powder

jumping

and

i

cannot understand

how it all

wanders away

just like that 

when i look upon you

jumping in the powder


go to bed

into those 

sheets

and, when you wake

to find me absent

and the sky on fire

fall to your knees

at the window

and

vanish

into the ether

for i will be fishing

in a new pond, now

yet it an extraordinary one

and

its believing

that one day

you may 

rise from the water

smiling

like a snow leopard

approaching

through the dry

snow

that keeps

me returning

to sit at the shore

casting my line


the pale shore

the dark water

1 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

i like the enjambment, it suits my attention span, hhahaaha, but i really do like it.

June 16, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home