Saturday, May 24, 2008

Long Before You Were an Artwork

As the blade of moon reveals itself
In the manner of a graceful whore
Gazelles come to feed on a few flowers
Stems like smooth spines 
Petals as several tongues

The lions and antelope
Standing upon their hind legs 
Walk towards the disco
For an evening of cocaine
and soft peaches, boiled
and skinned as an Indian. 
With glitter spilling out across
the dance hall like a concentrated
bundle of stars cut from their net. 

I vomited in the cinema the other day,
distracted for the rest of the film.
Thinking of starting a band,
and yelling over drums stretched
from the skin of the artist himself.

The ants were using one another
as ladders, bundling vertically
to the clump of bananas
hung over there in the brush,
slung indolent like a soft brain exposed.

So, go nimble my darling, my dear,
my vitals, my lake, my fear. 
For you are hungry,
and only the needles of the porcupine,
standing like magnetic fragments,
will sever the balloon, the bladder. 
I've tried everything else. 

And the sun slips into view once more,
like the head of infant crowning. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home