Tuesday, October 30, 2007

cantos

I.
i am a physics professor
rubbing a blue balloon
against my head

but my memory
is fuzzy
concerning the whole event

there are only discrete chunks

II.
she is
then alone in
the drawing room

with the china
and scintillating glass cabinets

as i take breaks
from writing my lesson plan

to consider how i will approach this

"i have to be honest with you.
i am about to tell you a lie."


III.
as the moss
begins to move
indiscernably
towards the inside of the house

a deer will exit the woods
stepping lightly
from brown
to green

and the dogs will remain calm

and when i return from angling
at the creek

i, too, will sit
with iron orbs
hovering before me
and let him look upon us
as a still and silent ideal
of family

IV.
the parhelia
will then turn toward me
and i will begin walking away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home